Flood Damage Information Requested:

If your home or business is located within the City of Conroe limits and has sustained flood damage as a result of the recent rain, please contact the Office of Emergency Management at (936)522-3600 or via email at Please include your name, address, phone number and a description of your damage.

Storm Debris Removal:

The Public Works Department will pick up storm debris from flooded homes from the approved list given by Community Development. If your home has been flooded you must report it to Community Development at 936-522-3600 in order for it to be authorized for pick up.

Garbage / Recycling FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • How do I report a missed service?

    Please contact Utility Billing at 936-522-3170 or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

  • Where am I supposed to store the carts?

    Carts should be stored in compliance with City Ordinance and/or HOA deed restrictions.

  • Where do I place the carts for pickup?

    Carts are recommended to be placed at the base of the curb (where curbs exits) with the cart wheels against the curb. The cart must be at the curb with the handle facing away from the street and lid should open to the street. Carts must be placed at least 4 feet from obstacles such as utility poles, mailboxes, trees, fire hydrants, and parked cars.

  • Why do I need to provide space between my garbage cart and recycle cart?

    A different vehicle collects each, so access is important. Also, the collection arm on the automated truck requires space to make the collection safely so that it will no tip over other containters or damage your property. Please keep the containers away from obstacles that may interfere with the collection.

  • What do I do if my cart has been damaged or is missing?

    Please contact Utility Billing at 936-522-3170 or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and notify of the damaged or missing cart. The cart will be repaired or replaced, within 7-10 business days, if it is stolen or damaged beyond repair by any reason other than the customer's own neglect or misuse. A current rate for cart  and delivery service fee will be applied to current accounts for  lost, misused or neglected cans that require replacement.  Please have a police case number available if the cart is reported stolen. This can be done through the Conroe Police Department online reporting service.

  • Do I need to bag my garbage and recycling?

    Items in your garbage cart should be bagged to keep the cart clean. Recyclables should be placed directly into the cart without a bag.

  • I have more garbage than can fit in the cart. Can I get an additional cart?

    Are you recycling? Recycling materials will give you more room in your garbage cart. Additional garbage carts are available for an additional monthly fee and can be requested by contacting Utility Billing. Additional recycle carts are provided at no charge.

  • How will large items be collected such as furniture and appliances?

    A separate collection will be provided for certain large items defined as bulky waste. These items include stoves, refridgerators (Freon removed), furniture, and other household items that cannot be broken down. Bulky waste does not include construction refuse, demolition refuse, or hazardous wastes. Bulky waste service days are different from garbage and recycling service days.