Service Questions:(844) 299-6242
City of Conroe
P.O. Box 3066
Conroe, TX 77305
Phone: (936) 522-3526
Over the past 30 years, Conroe has experienced significant population and housing growth. In response to this growth, the City has begun to make significant investments in transit services and infrastructure. The new park and ride facility will support the projected demand for transit connectivity to regional employers.
See project highlights below:
- $1 Million in federal and local funding (80%/20% split)
- Administrated and constructed through TxDOT
- 298-space Park and Ride Lot at IH 45 and FM 2854
- Construction is complete
- Service Planning Underway
- Weekday Service
- 3 departures AM and PM
- Downtown, Midtown & The Medical Center
- Request for Transit Operations Services
- Estimated Commuter Service Start: Spring 2018
February 2019 Commuter Service Update: The City and METRO have tentatively agreed to move forward to deliver commuter service from Conroe to Houston Downtown, Midtown, and The Medical Center. The City and METRO staff have identified routes, stops, and schedules to provide 3 buses for the morning commute and 3 buses for the evening commute.
The City will present its plan to the METRO Strategic Planning Committee on October 17, 2018.
Moving forward, other actions include:
- Interlocal Agreement to Board/METRO staff/ November 2018
- Interlocal Agreement to City Council/City staff/November 2018
- Finalize METRO Operator Bid /December 2018
- Conduct METRO Operator Bid/ January 2019
- Start Service/ February 2019
Currently, the City of Conroe DOES NOT currently offer Park & Ride commuter services. Click on the links below to learn more about commuter options available in the Conroe area.
- Metro STAR
- METRO STAR offers hundreds of scheduled vanpool and carpool routes in the following counties: Harris, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Liberty, Montgomery and Waller.
- For a very low cost Metro STAR provides vehicles, maintenance and the methods of organizing small groups for related travel origins and destinations.
- Ride Like a Star – Tell those you know to register by filling out a simple form. They will find the right STAR route for you and reserve a seat. For more information, email STAR@ridemetro.org.
Please take a moment to complete the Park and Ride Survey below.