300 W. Davis
Conroe, Texas 77301
Monday- Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm
The citizens of Conroe adopted Civil Service in 1991 for Police and Fire employees. This law requires the City to maintain special records, conform to specific notice and testing requirements when hiring and promoting and follow rigorous procedures when disciplining or terminating these classified employees. The Human Resource Director also serves in the role of Civil Service Director to ensure compliance with these specific state statutes, Chapter 143 of the Local Government Code.
All positions are filled through a process of written examinations and physical agility tests.
The following files are in PDF file format and require Adobe Acrobat in order to be able to view them. If you don't have it, or need a current version, you may download it here.
Letter of Intent - Click here to download the fillable PDF Letter of Intent. You will receive a confirmation email within 48hrs. If you do not receive a confirmation we did not receive the Letter of Intent. You may print the form, fill in information then fax it to 936-522-3155 or email it to email@example.com. It must be turned in to the City of Conroe Human Resources Department 300 West Davis Conroe, TX 77301 (936)522-3000.
Police / Fire Department Release of Liability - If you are an applicant for employment in an entry-level position in the City of Conroe Police or Fire Department please review this release of liability prior to exam date. A copy will be provided to you on the date of exam.
- Police Entry Information - PLEASE READ
- Police Civil Service Compensation Ranges - Fiscal Year 2017-2018
- PLEASE READ & COMPLETE - Personal History Statement - Complete the entire Personal History Statement. Print a complete copy, fill in the handwritten sections per the instructions. Be sure to initial the boxes on pages 2-3 and sign the appropriate form. If you do not have access to a notary, one will be available on the day of the civil service exam.
- Lieutenant Eligibility List
- Police Eligibility List 02-02-19