300 W. Davis
Conroe, Texas 77301
Outdoor burning within the City of Conroe is illegal. Chapter 30 of the City of Conroe Code of Ordinances states “No person shall burn or authorize the burning of any rubbish, trash, waste, leaves, weeds, grass, lumber or any other combustible materials in the City.”
Persons found violating this ordinance may be issued a citation and assessed a fine up to $2,000. OTHER THAN IN THE SITUATION DESCRIBED BELOW, THERE IS NO AVAILABLE PERMIT, OR EXCEPTION, FOR THIS ACTIVITY!
For purposes of new construction, Chapter 30 of the City of Conroe Code of Ordinances states “After issuance of the proper permit by the code official, a person may conduct a one-time burning of weeds, grass and timber on property located in the City in order to clear the property for construction.”
Issuance of a construction clearing burn permit will be contingent on the following:
- Approved site plans, for new construction, on file with the City.
- Prior attainment of a TCEQ permit for the project.
- Submittal of [OPEN BURNING APPLICATION AND PERMIT] and all items required by the application.
- Site inspection verifying all TCEQ and City of Conroe requirements are met.
- The burning must be constantly attended by a competent person until the fire is extinguished. Such person must have fire extinguishing equipment readily available at the site of the burning.
- Complaints generated by the burning may be cause for revocation of the permit.