300 W. Davis
300 W. Davis
Conroe, Texas 77301
Below is a list of the most common fire code violations found during periodic business inspections:
- Combustible materials stored in mechanical rooms and electrical rooms.
- Combustible materials stored in exits.
- Combustible materials stored within two feet of the ceiling or 18 inches below sprinkler heads.
- Combustible storage within three feet of electrical panels.
- Combustible storage within three feet of heat-producing equipment.
- Any storage within three feet of fire protection equipment.
- Exits and exit corridors shall remain clear and unobstructed.
- Exit doors shall be unlocked when the building is occupied.
- Exit signs shall be illuminated.
- Emergency lights shall be operational.
Fire Protection Equipment
- Fire alarm systems shall be serviced annually.
- Fire sprinkler systems shall be serviced annually.
- Kitchen hood suppression systems shall be serviced semi-annually.
- Fire protection equipment rooms shall be labeled.
- Fire extinguishers shall be serviced annually.
- Fire lanes shall be maintained clear and unobstructed.
- Fire hydrants shall be maintained operational and unobstructed with a minimum of three feet of clearance.
- A Class K fire extinguisher shall be provided for cooking operations.
- Address shall be provided on the front of the business and on the rear exits.
- Storage of combustible waste items shall not be permitted on the outside of the building.
- FDC shall be maintained operational and unobstructed with a minimum of three feet of clearance.
- Keys provided in Knox Box.
- Extension cords shall not be sued for permanent power or operations. A store bought, UL listed, surge protector may be permitted for minor electrical equipment.
- Empty slots in electrical panels shall be filled and labeled.
- Fire rated assemblies shall be maintained.
- Flammable and combustible liquids shall be properly stored.
- Compressed gas cylinders shall be properly secured.